On behalf of our members, I welcome you to our Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) – Kavala Section. The Section has around 50 members and 2 student chapters. Our members are active in a wide range of professions within our industry. We populated our board with people who we believe can really help us. We have looked for shared interests and philosophies, but we embraced differences as well. We strongly believe that this team can lead to great success and accomplish current and future goals of the section. We are hoping our vision and hard work will attract as many volunteer members as possible, in order to make our Section grow and make an actual difference.
Joining SPE was a vision we had for a long time, and we are very happy that we have managed to become a sub-section of such an organization. Part of that vision also includes promoting women in Petroleum Engineering in general, and getting more women in SPE specifically.
This website aims to provide the section’s most comprehensive source of information about petroleum engineering, including news of forthcoming SPE Kavala Section meetings, seminars, workshops, details of support for students and the programme for young E&P professionals.
The section works closely with industry, government, professional institutes and academia to advance the learning of its members; offshore, onshore and internationally. It is a very exciting to be in the Kavala Section as it grows and prepares new generations of young men and women to manage this country's vast natural resources.
Seize this opportunity to be a member and part of a section and get an opportunity to gain a distinction of our young professionals, providing them a competitive edge.
Prof. A. Christoforidis
Mission – to collect, disseminate, and exchange technical knowledge concerning the exploration, development, and production of oil and gas resources, and to provide opportunities for professionals to enhance their technical and professional competence.
Our vision – enable the global oil and gas exploration and production industry to share technical in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
Strategy Action Points
- Disseminate technical knowledge
- Increase the community of professionals
- Keep the section informed for forthcoming challenges
- Raise the standards of the chapter
- Enhance professional and technical competence
- Become a centre of professional excellence in Greece serving our people in oil business (upstream/downstream)
- To grow section and make the difference
- Distinction for young professionals providing competitive edge
Achievements At a Glance
- Populated the Board with people who we believe they can help us
- Unique SPE Section in Greece (Kavala the Oil Producing Area)
- 2 student chapters
- Career guidance
- Student Tours in major companies
- Outreach Program
Women in SPE
- Mentoring - a support system for young women in the form of a mentoring system
- Dissemination Activities: Showcase the work done by women in our university
- Workshops: SPE workshop on women